[vsnet-history 1143] Re: Possible DSN in N4856 (de Vaucouleurs)

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 93 14:43:25 CDT
From: gav@astro.as.utexas.edu (Gerard de Vaucouleurs)
Subject: NGC4856

Dear Dr. Kato:
Thank you very much for the information on the suspected SN. Please
transmit my thanks to Dr. Kujita.  I have no record of an object in
this position on a sketch I made many years ago from a MtWilson
1.5-m plate, but I may have ignored it if it looked like a field star.
It may be worth monitoring for a couple of weeks, to see if it fades.
Conceivably, it could be a SN well past maximum.
An atlas of CCD pictures of all Shapley-Ames galaxies would be valuable
to define a first epoch record to which future observations could
be compared.
Best regards.
G. de Vaucouleurs