[vsnet-history 647] SN 1993J (Prabhu/Starrfield, nova net)

From: starrfie@hydro.la.asu.edu (Sumner Starrfield)
Subject: nova network (fwd)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 7:47:40 MST

Forwarded message:
>From iiap!tpp@vigyan.ernet.in Wed Apr  7 01:27:48 1993
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 93 12:16:04 EST
From: iiap!tpp@iiap.ernet.in (Dr.T.P.Prabhu)
To: vigyan!starrfie
Subject: nova network
Cc: tpp@sangam.ncst.ernet.in

Dear Sumner,
I have been receiving copies of nova network info from Anupama. As I had
communicated with you earlier, I observed the bright GRB region at the early
position which was considerably off. I rushed to our observatory to grab
a part of the maintenance time on 3 and 4 april to observe SN 1993J and
Nova Cygni 1992 around the HST time. I got the latter near April 4.00UT
and 5.00UT in the range 4400AA -- 5200AA at 1.1A per pixel, the best
resolution I can manage. I am in the process of reducing the spectra. I will
probably send flux calibrated spectra to Anupama for further processing.

I found last time that your reply at the mail prompt does not trace back the
path and does not reach me. I have asked the local experts to help me. In
the mean time can you reply explicitly to
                 tpp@iiap.ernet.in
I will be happy if you can add this address to the nova network since I can
go to the observatory armed with the latest info. There will be about a
day's delay in getting the info through Anupama, and longer if she is not
around at IUCAA.

I have observed SN1993J 4300-7200AA on April 3. My colleague Mr. Mekkaden
has observed in the similar range on that day with a smaller telescope and
also over a smaller range at higher dispersion around H alpha on April 1.
I am trying to persuade all observers to observe it at lowest dispersion
to cover large range.

Cheers
Tushar Prabhu

Return to Home Page