[vsnet-chat 5959] (fwd) Re: [AAVSO-DIS] CCD-V Vs visual observations = U ORIONIS

(fwd) Re: [AAVSO-DIS] CCD-V Vs visual observations = U ORIONIS

   I have received the following query from Raquel Shida.  I forward this
because this query would be of public interest.  Could someone provide
information on this specific camera?

===

> [The page is under construction, and is subject to future updates].
>
>    http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/etc/format.html

   I have just visited the page and I have some questions. I have a Nikon
Coolpix 4500 and I would like to know if I can use it to estimate some VS
magnitudes. Using it with the telescope I can see fainter objects than using
only my eyes. But I am not sure if this kind of camera is reliable to
VSOing; I am not sure about how to report the magnitudes (C:  unspecified
unfiltered CCD?) and if I can use GSC and Tycho-2 magnitudes as references.
   Thank you.

   Regards,
   Raquel Shida