[vsnet-chat 4367] Re: re V1436 Aql

John, et al

crawl@zoom.co.uk wrote:
>   As I say though, I can't think of any red dwarf eclipsing binaries,
> at least no large amplitude ones.

   RW Tri comes to mind - apparently an Algol eclipser with a white
dwarf companion and CV-type behaviour as well.  The spectral type
of the cool component has been quoted as M0V.  The range is about
3 mags in V with a period of ~0.23 days; max. is about 12.50.  U
Gem's cool component is also a middle-ish M dwarf.

> I doubt that this nearby red dwarf is an eclipsing binary.

   Most likely a flare star; but that shouldn't stop the search
for eclipses, of course.

Best,
Thom

P.S.  The CCD camera came back yesterday from being repaired, so
I'm way behind on e-mail.  (Not that I wasn't before yesterday!)

--
                      Lizard Hollow Observatory
                      Thomas L. Gandet, Director