[vsnet-chat 4366] About V Hya..

Sebastian Said,
>V Hydrae, a superred star. I observe it at 6.6 right now. E . Eker at 8.5.
>Nice lightcurve from our observations!!
>The problem is... My binoculars' limitting magnitude is near 8.0. I look at
>V Hya as a bright star through my 7X50's. Cones only work with a light
>strong enough. I use direct vision so my cones are estimullated, so it is a
>bright star

First of all, sorry for my bad english I am still learning english.
I observed that star several times and its fainter then 8 mag in my
observations.I checked the observations in vsnet and aavso databases. All of
the observations are between the range 7.5 and 8.1 except my and Sebastian's
observations. I always try to do my best but likewise every human I can make
error. But I believe the correctness of every observation that I sent. It is
possible that only Sebastian's observations are correct. I think we should
talk about the best way of observing these kind of stars. I believe that all
of the observers here  know something that the others don't know. We should
share them.
Regards,
Erhan Eker