[vsnet-chat 3711] Re: re vsnet-alert 5312 (delta Vel)

Re: [vsnet-chat 3707] re vsnet-alert 5312 (delta Vel)

> HOWEVER, the abstract available at
> http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/cgi-bin/cdsbib?1995AZh....72..400T via the CDS
> reads as at the end of this post.
>
> It can be seen that the abstract reads more like a suggestion/proposal for
> a survey based on theoretical considerations, and as this survey includes A
> type stars of infrared excess: delta Velorum would naturally be included as
> a _potential_ candidate.

   According to the full version of the paper (translated article), this
paper discusses the possibility of detecting such planets, and apparently
no discussion about individual objects.  As far as I surveyed, the name
delta Vel only appears in the figure, which was apparently selected to
show the location on the diagram (mass of the primary versus semimajor axis
of potential planets) of a relatively massive "Vega-type" star.