[vsnet-chat 2277] Re: (fwd) Re: Strong oscillation in Nova Cir 1999?

Dear Berto, Taichi and others,

If the oscillation in Nova Cir 1999 are real or not:
I just want to note that Nova V1668 Cyg 1978 had a similar behaviour.
A periodicity of ~13 hours was discovered in its early stages, and was
interpreted as oscillations in the common envelope surrounding the
binary system. It is very different from the orbital period of ~3 h
discovered later. To my knowledge, it has never been observed in any
other novae.

Regards,
Alon
   Dr. Alon Retter         Tel. (work)     +44-(0)1782-58-3493
   Physics Dept.           Fax  (work)     +44-(0)1782-711093
   Staffordshire           'As a scientist I don't believe myself, so
   ST5 5BG, U.K.            why should I believe you?' (A.R. 1965-2085)