[vsnet-campaign-v838mon 420] Re: (fwd) V838 Mon Light Echo Fading?? (West)

In a message dated 4/15/2003 11:16:20 PM Central Standard Time, aah@nofs.navy.mil writes:

Doug,
   I think this is just a result of moon interference.
The light echo has been fading all season and is quite faint
now, but not much different than, say, last week.  V838 Mon
itself has held steady at V=16/Ic=10 for several months.
Arne

Arne:
Thanks for the feedback on the fading.  I hadn't been measuring the echo photometrically so I guess I just noticed the effect on this image.  Listed below are my recent unfiltered CCD observations.  I have been using GSC 4822:3661 Rc=9.854 (Henden) as a comparison star.  My check star magnitude has remained constant over these observations.

MAR 11.0639  11.82
MAR 14.0743  11.68
MAR 26.1020  11.71
APR 04.0775  11.47
APR 05.0811  11.36
APR 14.0930  11.33

My observations indicate a slight brightening which isn't consistent with your observations or is it?

Regards,
Doug