[vsnet-campaign-v838mon 419] Re: (fwd) V838 Mon Light Echo Fading??(West)

Doug,
   I think this is just a result of moon interference.
The light echo has been fading all season and is quite faint
now, but not much different than, say, last week.  V838 Mon
itself has held steady at V=16/Ic=10 for several months.
Arne

Taichi Kato wrote:
> (fwd) V838 Mon Light Echo Fading?? (West)
>
> From: DWest61506@aol.com
> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:54:34 EDT
> Subject: [vsnet-campaign-nova 1211] V838 Mon Light Echo Fading??
>
> During my routine CCD photometry of V838 Mon on 04/14/2003 UT I noticed that
> the light echo appeared less distinct than normal.  I am not sure if this
> effect is real or if it is a result of moon interference or atmospheric
> effects.  Has anyone else imaged this field recently?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug West

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami