[vsnet-chat 1312] Re: UV visibility (Re: V3885 Sgr, this season)

Re: UV visibility (Re: [vsnet-chat 1284] Re: V3885 Sgr, this season)

Berto Monard wrote:

> Some years ago I 'tested' this UV vision together with a former
> colleague, now happily retired and playing golf on the Cape Coast. We
> found that we noticed certain 'violetish' light originating from a
> UV-A source (medium pressure Hg lamp) which was fitted with an extra
> UV-A filter for additional blockage.

    I had an interesting experience with my colleagues.  When looking through
the Johnson U filter, one of my colleagues called it "completely black",
while I could see the purple light.  Probably this may have originated from
the personal difference of UV sensitivity.  Through Kron-Cousins I filter,
I could only preceive very faintly.  Once in my career in physics experiment
course, I could visually measure a number of violet lines through a visual
spectrometer, but don't remember their exact wavelengths.

> PS and a possible answer to 'How do you think?' is:
> by means of a dynamic neural flow with stages of temporary storage,
> some turbulence and lots of chaos (at least in my brain)...

    Well, this may be exactly what is working in CV observers 'how do I
observe'.  But there seems to be a static neural flow towards outbursts,
with equal lots of turbulence and chaos within me...