[vsnet-chat 1311] Re: multiple vsnet-messages

Re: multiple vsnet-messages

    First of all, please keep the "discussion threads" (including this)
within vsnet-chat.  A number of multiple vsnet-messages has come from
redirection of messages to more suitable lists by the administrator group.
(e.g. vsnet-obs to vsnet-chat upon discussions, vsnet-xxx to vsnet-alert
upon important urgent messages).  Redundancies have partly come from the
temporary shutdown of the 'vsnet' list, by the intruding commercial mails,
during which period we had to use vsnet-chat also for the original 'vsnet'.
Duplicated postings (and maybe some of subscription policies) to 'vsnet'
and vsnet-chat come from this practice.  Fled from spams, we had now better
use vsnet-chat exclusively for discussion threads and vsnet for distributing
materials, as formerly intended.  Redundancies will be at least in some part
avoided.  Use vsnet-alert timely alerts (of a certain variable, etc.) and
not vsnet-chat.

    The second large proportion of redundancies come from messages deserving
further discussions.  This kind of messages appear in all lists, and we put
a copy to vsnet-chat when we feel necessary.  We know 'vsnet-chat' is regarded
as rather special among vsnet lists, and is selectively subscribed by a
broader astronomy community.  Mulitple postings including vsnet-chat are
therefore sometimes unavoidable selections.

    We will keep the minimum redundancies between vsnet-alert and vsnet-obs,
since the readers of the latter are mostly included by the former; I have done
this for the sake of the continuity of information within a specific list.