[vsnet-alert 7893] Re: Keck Image of OT near HX Peg

Arne,

I have completely ignored this star (155) in my previous observations, using
the 153 and 148 as my usual lower limit stars, and don't recall ever seeing
it in the past, so I can not state categorically that it wasn't this star.

My impression was the OT was further away from the 155 position than even
Linnolt stated. But my observation was made hurriedly, just at astronomical
twilight and I had been observing for over 5 hours, so I wasn't at my best.
Linnolt made several observations so I would trust his impression of the
position more than mine.

One thing _is_ certain, there was a brightish object there as Mike
described. It was easy to see, and right where he told us to look. I figured
it was another pesky asteroid.

Another thing is certain.
We will not be using this 155 star as a comp on the new AAVSO HX Peg charts.

Mike Simonsen