[vsnet-alert 7890] Keck Image of OT near HX Peg

I obtained a deep set of images from the Keck I telescope (10m) on Mauna
Kea around 07UT Sep 21. I placed the R band along with Arne's earlier V
band 1m image for comparison on my webpage:

http://vsnet2.hawaii.edu/~linnolt/HXPegtransient.html

It appears there is an object that has faded substantially in the
intervening time, which is very near to the center of my original error
box from the visual observation.

Further followup of the Keck deep field would certainly help nail down
which object here is the actual OT.

Anyone have earlier images of sufficient depth to compare?

Mike Linnolt

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku