[vsolj-alert 422] XTE J1859+226

XTE J1859+226

 X線新星ですが、可視光で15等の天体と同定されたようです。電波情報を送り
 ます。詳細は後程?

From rhjellmi@zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU Wed Oct 13 05:05 JST 1999
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:03:04 -0600
To: dasmith@space.mit.edu, michiel@astro.uva.nl, rpf@astro.uva.nl,
        rudy@space.mit.edu, gehrels@lheavx.gsfc.nasa.gov,
        giommi@napa.sdc.asi.it, jem@head-cfa.harvard.edu, lewin@space.mit.edu,
        rr@space.mit.edu, shrader@grossc.gsfc.nasa.gov,
        stroh@pcasun1.gsfc.nasa.gov, swank@pcasun1.gsfc.nasa.gov,
        bmg@space.mit.edu, tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp,
        HARMON@SSLMOR.msfc.nasa.gov, chaswell@star.cpes.susx.ac.uk,
        ehm@space.mit.edu, Michael.McCollough@msfc.nasa.gov,
        p.charles1@physics.oxford.ac.uk, eiken@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu,
        srk@astro.caltech.edu, luisfr@astrosmo.unam.mx,
        tavani@astro.columbia.edu, ewaltman@rsd.nrl.navy.mil,
        fghigo@cv3.cv.nrao.edu, rmw@as.arizona.edu, mrupen@zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU,
        amiodusz@zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU, mirabel@discovery.saclay.cea.fr,
        S.Chaty@open.ac.uk, greiner@aip.de, mnowak@rocinante.colorado.edu,
        wheel@alla.as.utexas.edu, garcia@head-cfa.harvard.edu,
        satr@cats.sao.ru, vdhawan@zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU
From: "Robert M. (Bob) Hjellming" <rhjellmi@aoc.nrao.edu>
Subject: XTE J1859+226
Cc: rhjellmi@zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU

Collegues,

   While we still need to make confirming observations with the VLA, this
is to notify you that XTE J1859+226 almost certainly has a radio counterpart.
I passed on the early warning of the PCA position circular in time for Guy
Pooley
to make an observation with the Ryle Telescope on Monday.  He found a
new 14 mJy radio source at 15 GHz at a position of

   J2000 18 58 31  +22 39 10

with at least 30" uncertainty in declination because it was a brief
observation
of a very southerly source observed with an E-W array.  He hesitated making
a public announcement because of the adverse conditions of observation.
However,
the optical transient reported in IAUC 7276 is on this position, so we
think there is little doubt there was/is a radio counterpart to XTE J1859+226.

Guy and I had planned to wait until we have confirming results from the
VLA observations that will take place tonight (Oct. 12), but this seems
important enough to give you a heads-up that there is almost certainly
a radio counterpart.  Guy told me I could pass his results on to anyone,
so I am doing so.

Barring a disaster at the VLA such as a power outage or online computer
failure, we should know what we have this evening and I will send out a report
- and we will do whatever is appropriate for IAUCs.

Bob Hjellming (on behalf of the XTE J1859+226 radio + ??? collaboration)

VSNET Home Page

Return to Daisaku Nogami

vsnet-adm@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp