[vsnet-symbio 249] BI Crucis and RS Ophiuchi

Dear friends,

Regarding some of the stars mentioned this week from ASAS-3 data:

>     According to the ASAS-3 survey data, the Z And-type star BI Cru
>   faded (reaching about V=13.2) and now recovering.  The trend is in
>   agreement with the data reported to VSNET.  The light curve suggests
>   an eclipse (vsnet-campaign-rcb 135, vsnet-campaign-symbio 57).

It doesn't suggest an eclipse at all, the red giant of this symbiotic system
is a mira with a 280 days period, so the rise and fall is due to the
pulsation of the LPV. See Rossi et al. (A&A 206, 279-284, 1988) for more
information.

Regarding another symbiotic, the recurrent nova RS Oph, I wonder if there is
any PEP sequence of its field
This must be one of the most observed stars and also one of the stars with
the worst sequence.
Arne's sequence is too faint and there is no UCAC1 values for this area. I
don't trust Tycho-2 magnitudes at the 11th mag. level.

Any dta will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastian.

Return to Home Page