[vsnet-survey 71] (fwd) [vsnet-chat 4940] RES: (fwd) Finding the right focal lenght for Novae Search

From: Cristovao Jacques Lage de Faria <Cristovao@agnet.com.br>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:40:08 -0200
Subject: [vsnet-chat 4940] RES: (fwd) Finding the right focal lenght f
	or Novae Search

Arne,

I have already done a research on Novae discovered since 1995, in order to
select the regions to be scanned and also to know ans average magnitude.
Most of the galatic novae occur in the 7th to 8th magnitude range. WIth this
information and with our experiences, I think that a 100mm Fl will be pretty
fine for  both Limiting magnitude and  coverage area criteria.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Cristovao Jacques
Wykrota Observatory - CEAMIG