[vsnet-superoutburst 1908] BC UMa: superhump period change

BC UMa: superhump period change

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received further extensive data from Nakajima-san and David Boyd,
and regular additions from Torii-san (RIKEN) and Kyoto observations.
The resultant analysis seems to show emerging evidence of a superhump
period growth.  Disregarding the initial stages of early superhumps? and
genuine superhump growth, the period derivative has been determined to
be dot(P)/P ~ 8*10^5.  We hope we will soon be able to refine the value
with the progress of the ongoing analysis.  The present outburst is
becming the best observed superoutburst of BC UMa in the history; further
nightly observations are very strongly encouraged.

VSNET Collaboration team