[vsnet-superoutburst 765] WZ Sge second rebrightening maximum

WZ Sge second rebrightening maximum

Dear Colleagues,

    We have recieved a large number of data of the past few nights from
many observers around the world.  The review of these data are keenly in
progress, and will be reported later.

    We have also partly analyzed the Kyoto Aug. 24 run.  The preliminary
analysis shows the object brighter than the first rebrightening!
Superhumps with amplitudes of 0.10 mag (probably reduced by the overlapping
eclipses) and clear eclipses with a mean depth of 0.10 mag are seen.
The center of eclipses are slightly earlier than the predicted eclipse
times.

    The persistence of large-amplitude superhumps, in contrast to the
weakening of the superhump signal during the first rebrightening, may
suggest that the present rebrightening is the genuine "second superoutburst",
as was observed in AL Com in 1995.

    Intensive observations are strongly encouraged in order to see
the evolution of the superhumps, general outburst behavior, and details
of each eclipses.  High-speed photometry to follow the evolution of
QPOs are also very encouraged.

    More later.

VSNET Collaboration team