[vsnet-sdor 31] (fwd) Re: LMCV3804 brighter

(fwd) Re: LMCV3804 brighter

From: Fraser Farrell <fraser@trilobytes.com.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 06:11:35 GMT

>    As reported by M. Mattiazzo in vsnet-obs 33445, the WR-type star in
> the LMC, LMC V3804 is noticeably brighter than usual.

Taichi,

I can confirm Michael's discovery because I was visiting his place on
the weekend. For a moment I thought we might have found a fresh SN!
The most recent "negative" observation I know about was on March 30,
while showing off NGC 2070 for a public astronomy night. Several observers
(including me) who are familiar with the usual appearance of NGC 2070
did not notice anything unusual about the starfield that night.
I will have another look tonight, clouds permitting.

cheers,
Fraser Farrell