[vsnet-ip 7] Re: [vsnet-id 304] (fwd) Re: DO Dra and YY Dra

Re: [vsnet-id 304] (fwd) Re: DO Dra and YY Dra

Dear Prof. Samus,

> Despite polemic in the literature, the GCVS team strongly insists that the
> cataclysmic star should be called DO Dra, whereas the name YY Dra is
> reserved for the (apparently lost) eclipsing variable originally
> discovered by Tsessevich. Interesting enough, Tsessevich claimed he had
> not forgotten the field, but the plate from the Moscow collection on which
> we had asked him to mark the star did not arrive in time - he died!

   Would it be possible to check the exact dates of Moscow plates containing
the DO Dra field?  We can then look for the plates which were near the
center of the published YY Dra eclipse ephemeris.  If DO Dra was indeed
faint at such moments, the star might have been a misclassified variable
star and DO Dra = YY Dra.  If DO Dra was recorded normally, we can exclude
the possibility of DO Dra = YY Dra.