[vsnet-history 1131] Possible SN in NGC4856 (de Vaucouleurs)

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 93 14:28:34 CDT
From: gav@astro.as.utexas.edu (Gerard de Vaucouleurs)
Subject: Possible DSN in N4856

Dear Dr. Kato:
I am retransmitting to you a message from McDonald Observatory for
confirmation of a possible SN in NGC4856.  We have no large scale
prior photograph here allowing a comparison.  The star was estimated
at mv ~ 15.5 and is ~10" S of the nucleus.  Please excuse us if it
is a false alarm.
Best regards.
G. de Vaucouleurs