[vsnet-history 920] SN 1993J (Ray - Hurst)

Date: Thu, 13 May 93 20:57 GMT
From: Guy M Hurst <GMH@ASTROPHYSICS.STARLINK.RUTHERFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: Taichi: Can you help with this query please? Guy

From:	CBS%UK.AC.EARN-RELAY::EARN.TIFRVAX::AKR 13-MAY-1993 09:20:48.78
To:	gmh
CC:
Subj:	From Alak Ray, Tata Institute, Bombay, India

Via: UK.AC.EARN-RELAY; Thu, 13 May 93   9:20 GMT
Date:          Thu, 13 May 1993 13:50 IST
From:          AKR@EARN.TIFRVAX
Subject:       From Alak Ray, Tata Institute, Bombay, India
To:            gmh@UK.AC.RUTHERFORD.STARLINK.ASTROPHYSICS

Dear Dr. Hurst,
 Alex Filippenko's SN1993J photometry updates show some early entries
against @Unger, the source of which has been designated as Nova. And
I suppose "Nova" is managed by you. Now these early data of Unger e.g.
at UT Mar 31.1 and UT Mar 31.9 are missing from the compilation of
Ralph Wijers. I have several questions regarding the Unger data which
I am directing to you.

1.) What is the current status of the data, i.e. does it still stand
or has it been revised since for example the Update of (Kato reported also
by Filippenko) till April 30?

2) Which observatory and instrument was used by Unger?

3) The Red and I bands used by Unger have not been identified as RC and IC.
Does it mean that he was using the Johnson bands U through I?

In addition, there is some early data of @Steele, which however has been
classified as RC and IC. But with respect to Steele's data, can you answer
questions 1 and 2?

Best regards,
                   Alak Ray, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bombay
13/05/93