[vsnet-grb-info 805] GRB 030226 Optical observations

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1935
SUBJECT: GRB 030226 Optical observations
DATE:    03/03/08 21:13:31 GMT
FROM:    Evgeni Semkov at Inst.of Astronomy,Bulgaria  <evgeni@skyarchive.org>

E. Semkov (Institute of Astronomy, Sofia, Bulgaria) report:

The afterglow of the HETE burst (H10893) GRB 030226 (Fox et al., GCN 1879;
Price et al., GCN 1880) was observed with the 2m RCC telescope of the
National Observatory Rozhen (Bulgaria) on 26 and 27 February, R band, 3
x 300 sec coo-added exposures.
We used A and B stars from Garnavich et al. (GCN 1885) as a references.
We estimate the brightness of the optical afterglow in R band as follows.

26 (UT 22.2) R=20.27 +/-0.1
27 (UT 01.2) R=20.4  +/-0.15
27 (UT 21.3) R=21.3  +/-0.3

This message may be cited.

[GCN OPS NOTE (08Mar03): This Circular was received 15:44 UT 06 Mar 03.
It was delayed due to an invalid address.
This has been happening more frequently lately.  I remind people
that if you change your email address, you need to communicate it to me
so that the Circular list can be updated.]

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku