[vsnet-conference 103] (fwd) CV conference 2004 in Strasbourg

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:07:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From: cvconf@newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Subject: CV conference 2004 in Strasbourg

                     ********************
                     *First Announcement*
                     ********************

    Astrophysics of Cataclysmic Variables and Related Objects
                 http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/cvconf

Dear colleagues,

We have the pleasure to announce an international conference on
the Astrophysics of Cataclysmic Variables and Related Objects, which
will take place in Strasbourg, France during 11-16 July 2004.

This is the next in a long series of international and general CV
conferences, the last of which were held in Goettingen (Germany, 2001)
and in Jackson Hole (Wyoming, USA, 1997).

As indicated by the title, this conference will focus on
astrophysical processes at work in cataclysmic variables and related
objects, from both the observational and theoretical points of view.

The topics of the meeting will include:
- New results from surveys, population studies, galactic and extragalactic
  X-ray sources
- Evolution
- Dwarf novae / SXT connection
- Nuclear burning on white dwarfs
- Magnetic systems
- Winds and outflows
- Accretion flows : discs, boundary layers, evaporation
- Type Ia Supernovae

If you would like more information about the list of subjects to be
covered at this conference, the preliminary list of topics, associated
speakers, and meeting venue, you are invited to visit our web site at
http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/cvconf

If you would like to receive further details about this conference
through subsequent mailings, please submit your contact information
through our on-line pre-registration form, accessible on the web site.

If you can think of colleagues who might also be interested in this
conference, please forward this message to them.

Scientific Organizing Commitee:
--------------------------------
I. Baraffe (Lyon, France), K. Beuermann (Goettingen, Germany), L.
Ferrario (Canberra, Australia), J.M. Hameury (chair, Strasbourg,
France), C. Haswell (Open University, UK), J.P. Lasota (co-chair, Paris,
France), T. Marsh (Warwick, UK), C. Mauche (Livermore, US), D.
Prialnik (Tel Aviv, Israel), E. Robinson (Austin, US), J. Smak (Warsaw,
Poland), G. Tovmassian (UNAM, Mexico)

Local Organizing Committee
T. Keller, S. Langenbacher, M. Schreiber

Contact Details
Web page : http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/cvconf
Email : cvconf@astro.u-strasbg.fr
Fax : +33 3 90 24 24 32