[vsnet-computing 15] Re: period analysis

Re: period analysis

> As I say, this may not matter here, because I think the vsnet sourced PDM
> programs for both windoze and dos were written by the same author, so are
> liable to have the same defaults [and bins and covers nearly always seems
> to be 5 and 2 anyway],

   I wrote the DOS version, but am not concerned with the Windows one.
Perhaps the author of the Windows version used the same parameter as mine.

   Selecting bins and covers might be useful in optimizing the software,
but they less affect the overall result.  Users should, at first, more
care whether they use the software correctly, or understand the PDM
technique exactly.  One may better first look at the source code, rather
than use it as a "black box".

   In handling a large number of data (as in the present WZ Sge), the
DOS version has a limitation of array allocation.  One may have to
recompile the source code using gcc or something else.  We have confirmed
the code runs without a problem in UNIX + gcc environment.