[vsnet-chat 5961] Re: (fwd) Re: [AAVSO-DIS] CCD-V Vs visualobservations = U ORIONIS

>   I have just visited the page and I have some questions. I have a Nikon
>Coolpix 4500 and I would like to know if I can use it to estimate some VS
>magnitudes. Using it with the telescope I can see fainter objects than using
>only my eyes. But I am not sure if this kind of camera is reliable to
>VSOing; I am not sure about how to report the magnitudes (C:  unspecified
>unfiltered CCD?) and if I can use GSC and Tycho-2 magnitudes as references.
>   Thank you.

Digital camera has color CCD and its response to wavelength was depend on filters build in CCD chip.
#Color CCD camera such as Starlight Express MX5C has same difficulty.

I agree to Mr. Maciej Reszelski's suggestion to take image and check.

                               Seiichiro Kiyota

----
Seiichiro Kiyota  skiyota@nias.affrc.go.jp