[vsnet-chat 5957] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] More on visual observing...

Re: [AAVSO-DIS] More on visual observing...

> Those of us who have been observing eclipsing binaries and publishing the
> resulting times of minima for the past 35 years certainly find visual
> observations useful for tracking period changes and maintaining current
> ephemerides.  CCD observers have carved out a piece of the action, but most
> have a tendency to observe a few stars intensenly for a year or two, publish
> their results, and then move on to new targets.  (There are a couple of
> exceptions)

   VSNET also has a list (actually not single) devoted to eclipsing binaries
vsnet-ecl.  Although the history of this list is short, several very
productive people report their EB reports.  In this list, both visual,
CCD and PEP observations are equally evaluated, and we owe much to Nagai-san,
"the master of eclipsing binary observers" for his energetic activities
in analyzing and publishing EB observations.