[vsnet-chat 5952] (fwd) Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Why Aren't Arne's Sequences Solid Gold?

(fwd) Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Why Aren't Arne's Sequences Solid Gold?

  Message relayed from Tom Droege:

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:57:31 -0600
From: Tom Droege <tdroege2@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Why Aren't Arne's Sequences Solid Gold?

Kato San,

I don't see much difference in what you say and what I say
below.  Complexity includes everything, I think.  Transforming with widely
different color sequences is more complex in my thinking than comparing
something quite similar.  Possibly there is a better word to use than
complexity.  I cannot think of anything better at the moment.  So it is
easier to believe a measurement done by a simple transformation from very
similar sequences than a measurement that is made from data far from the
sequence.  That is what I was trying to say.  I think not too badly.

Tom Droege