[vsnet-chat 5951] Crude USNO B1.0 B1-R1 to B-V transformation

Crude USNO B1.0 B1-R1 to B-V transformation

   We have received a suggested transformation equation from John Greaves
betwen USNO B1.0 colors and B-V.  The best equation obtained by John Greaves
is B-V = 0.556(B1-R1) +/- 0.24, where B1 and R1 are USNO B1.0 blue and red
magnitudes.  Unfortunately, John Greaves did not wish to forward the entire
reduction procedure, so I simply inform the relation as a reference (since
the equation may be experimentally used in some reduction software, I thought
it better to record the source of this information).

  The figures associated:

  http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/others/USNOcolor/jg1.jpg
  http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/others/USNOcolor/jg2.jpg