[vsnet-chat 4689] Re: re Bernhard Variable 92

Hi John,

at the beginning of my survey members of BAV and I have made additional
observations of a few new "SR"-variables (for example
GSC 1062-92, IBVS 4540). All of them turned out to show cyclic
variations, of the kind which is described in the IBVS 5041 about
25 SARVs.
Except of one, BrhV89, all other "SR" variables showed variations
during the 1-2 months of survey-observations, which could be interpreted
as parts of sinusoidal variations, but I know this is a rather
"weak" argument.
So it seems that irregular variability of type "L" is rather the
exception for those small amplitude red variables, which I found
during my survey.
Of course I recognised also some red variables with larger amplitudes,
but all were known Mira variables.
Because this preliminary description "SR" is also accepted by IBVS,
I see no really problem to use it at the moment.
And finally there exist some other examples even for short period variables,
which are publicated and taken into GCVS without known
periods (example: the RR-Lyrae variable V576 Her).

But I have to say, that this is only my personal view as an
amateur astronomer and not as an expert in red variables.
I would have no problem to use other preliminary descriptions for
such red variables, if it is necessary.

Best wishes,

Klaus Bernhard