[vsnet-chat 3548] Re: (fwd) Photometry software

Dear Mr. Clark,

> I am looking for suggestions for photometry software other than packages
> such as Astrometrica that rely on catalogs such as GSC as the magnitudes
> in these can be unreliable.
>
> At the moment I am using PCVISTA but it does have difficulty in handling
> the images. I do not have Linix so I cannot use IRAF.

If you are used to the Java, how about the PIXY System 2, available at
the MISAO Project Home Page?

  http://vsnet.aerith.net/misao/

Although the PIXY System 2 is on the way to be improved, right now it
can read GSC 1.1 and USNO-A1.0/2.0, and the USNO data obtained at the
VizieR Service, and you can measure R.A., Decl. and magnitude of all
stars in your image automatically.

Regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida