[vsnet-chat 2271] A new cosmology site!

Hello, this is Ikuya Yamada of Project Plus Net.

I am writing this to inform you that our team opened
a brand new educational site about astrophysics,
"THE COSMOLOGY - EXPLORE THE LARGEST MYSTERY."
 Its URL is
<http://library.advanced.org/28181/>
Please visit our site!

This mail can be reprinted.
If you could reprint this mail to
mailing lists, news groups, and BBS related to
physics, astrophysics, and educational sites,
that would be very helpful.

Following article is the overall description of our site.

---
This site is an educational web page designed to teach
precisely about the most recent cosmology.

The contents are based on texts about the universe today,
the history of the universe, and the future of the universe.
Also we have added several images, photographs, animations,
and simulations to make easier understanding for
students in high school.

All texts are supervised by Toshiyuki Kanazawa at
University of Tokyo, Theoretical Astrophysics Group (UTAP).
We based the contents of the texts, on the lectures of
assistant professor, Masayuki Umemura, at
Center for Computational Physics at Tsukuba University.
So the contents are up-to-date and can be trusted.

Our site stresses on the point of cooperative learning
with other users.

The users can take part in Virtual School on the web, and
can cooperate studying with other users.

Once you visit our site, please register in the Virtual School.

You can participate in courses opened by proposers. Also you can
open a course yourself.

Users can grasp which registered user is logged in, so users can
send/receive personal messages and communicate in real time.
Also, by using the forum, chat and BBS set for every course, and
whiteboard that can be share through network, users can exchange
opinions on cosmology in a most up-to-date style.

To support your studies, there is a glossary you can register and a search
engine. There is a BBS and related links you can register on the bottom of
every text, so you can always study the most recent information precisely.

After studying, you can review the whole studies by Shockwave animation,
and you can deepen your understanding through these; simulations of
red shift and universal gravitation by Java, animations on the structure of
universe,
four forces, and Hubble's law, virtual particles, quarks, and
evaporating black hole.

Also, in order to get in touch with the most recent cosmology, we visited
the Center for Computational Physics at Tsukuba University, and took videos
of CP-PACS that appeared on the Book of Guinness as the world's fastest
computerin 1997.
---
This is the end of the contents.

If you have any comments on this site or this mail,
please inform us at
28181@advanced.org

If you want to use this site as educational material,
please inform us at
28181@advanced.org

#This article was sent to several mailing lists and news groups.
#If you receive several mails, sorry...
---