08. April .2002. I did not use any filter. The only goal was to identify
the object. During my first attempts to identify, I used the AAVSO chart
1813-25B (prelim. E) v. 11/99 and thought that the blue labelled star was
V4641 Sgr. In SIMBAD I could identify the red labelled star. And with the
two images from your Website I became sure that SIMBAD is right.

I posted my problems in the German BAV mailing list and sent an eMail to
the AAVSO. The cannot do anything without a V filtered image. The BAV
recommended to send the image to you, Sir.

2002-04-08 12:01:27 UTC, 08.04.02 5:58 MDT, exposure 180 s, 16inch Meade
SCT with Focal Reducer and ST-9E, no filters.

I do not have any requests for your response. I got the star. You may
include my image in your Website. If you want, I can send you the image
without labels and text.

Kind regards
Hans G. Diederich
www.HansGuenterDiederich.de

---

   The image is placed at:

   ftp://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/Xray/GM_Sgr/Diederich.gif

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku