[vsnet-chart-problem 17] Re: [vsnet-gcvs 206] (fwd) Sequences in two Mira stars

Jose,

I too observed HT Aur this evening. It is definitely brighter than the GCVS
maximum magnitude listed. This doesn't seem like such an unusual thing. I've
run into many such cases.

As for the chart, the old AAVSO chart is terrible. The 98 comp you refer to
has a Tycho-2 (V) mag of 10.96! Fortunately, there is a new chart for this
star dated 1/01 from Scovil and Beismans. Unfortunately, AAVSO has not
released it yet. There are many new charts that will be included on the next
chart CDROM. Hopefully, this will be one of them.

Please be sure to send these comments to the new account at AAVSO
charts@aavso.org

Not sure I understood what you were trying to say about GO Aur. I estimated
that one also at 10.6 tonight, using the 104 and 108 comp stars.

This means nothing of course, since it is generally agreed that I am crazy
and half blind.

Cheers,
Mike

Return to Home Page