[vsnet-chart-problem 16] (fwd) Sequences in two Mira stars

(fwd) Sequences in two Mira stars

From: "Jose Ripero" <jripero@wanadoo.es>
Subject: Sequences in two Mira stars
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:13:23 +0100

Dear Aaron :

A few minutes ago I had observed the Mira star HT Aurigae  and still I =
am surprised because this star that  in AAVSO chart figure its =
brigthness  range between 11.5-13p;  this night the star  is in 9.5 =
magnitude ! The star clearly is more brighter than star 9.8 that it=B4s =
the star more brighter in Preliminary chart issued 1/27/81. Like is =
possible that this star have the observed magnitude? Also in this chart, =
the star marked with mg. 100 is more brighter than 98, and the star =
marked with 122 is similar in brightness with another marked with 118.

Another Mira star GO Aurigae is in mg. 10.0, although in  prelimanry =
chart e  the brightness range=B4s that figure in this chart is 10.7.

I had checked several times these star's field and I am sure with my =
brightness estimations (I don't have full moon fever...). Like it  is =
possible these facts ?  (poor sequences, wrong maximum brightness =
estimation) Perhaps these stars  were very poor studied or his range and =
sequences are wrong ?

I hope that you send me some comments about this matter.  Thanks in =
addition

Sincerely,

jripero@wanadoo.es

Return to Home Page