[vsnet-campaign 1122] RIT Obs starts V-band run on WZ Sge, Aug 22 00:40 UT

  I've started a V-band observing run on WZ Sge at the RIT
Observatory.  The first good images are at about 00:40 UT.
Skies are clear now, but there's a possibility of some cumulus
making brief appearances.  I'll try to go well into the dawn
to try for some overlap with the space missions (they start
just as it gets light here -- rats).

  I've switched from 10-second to 15-second exposures, but
recent messages on the re-brightening make it sound like
it wasn't necessary.  Oh, well.

  By the way, I've been using apertures of radius 8.8 arcsec
to make my measurements (as the RIT WZ Sge site now explains).
I tried to choose them small enough not to include much of
the companion's light, but I'll switch to smaller apertures
for tonight's data and the future.

                                       Michael Richmond