[vsnet-campaign 1054] WZ Sge: superhumps likely evolving

WZ Sge: superhumps likely evolving

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received new data from G. A. Good, M. Richmond, M. Fiaschi,
B. Martin, L. Kral, T. Hynek, D. Soarkey.  Thank you very much for all
observers!  We have also completed the full analysis of the Kyoto Aug. 1
data.  We have also received an announcement and a report of successful
observations from G. Kosmas.

    The analysis of the entire data is in progress, but the analysis of
the most recent data (Aug. 2) shows an indication of *period increase*
and a dramatic change in the hump profile.  This seems to be the very
indication that true superhumps are evolving!  The best period determined
from the Aug. 2 (the early part of the day) only is 0.05615 +/- 0.00025 d,
(the relatively large error is a result of a short baseline, which will
be duly improved as new data become available), which supports that the
variation emerging is true superhumps.  The profile of "new" humps is
smooth, and has a larger amplitude than those of the early superhumps
observed in the latest moments.

    Please continue the present excellent coverage, and follow the
development of SUPERHUMPS!

VSNET Collaboration team