From: owner-vsnet-campaign@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
[mailto:owner-vsnet-campaign@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp]On Behalf Of Patrick
Schmeer
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 5:38 AM
To: vsnet-campaign@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp; Taichi Kato; Patrick Schmeer
Subject: [vsnet-campaign 74] Re: HT Cam outburst, quick follow-up
observations needed

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:38:44AM +0900, Taichi Kato wrote:
> HT Cam outburst, quick follow-up observations needed
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
>    The suspected SU UMa or IP, HT Cam = RX J0757.0+6306 is in outburst.
> (Detection reported by Timo Kinnunen and Patrick Schmeer).  This is the
> only known occasion when multiple observers confirm the outbursting state.

No, it isn't. It's the first ever outburst independently detected by two
observers. The preceeding outburst was confirmed by Robert Fried (Braeside
Observatory) few hours after my detection (cf. vsnet-alert 3025). A CCD
image taken by him the following night showed HT Cam back at quiescence.

Regards,
Patrick