[vsnet-campaign-v4641sgr 195] Re: V4641 Sgr short-termvariations

CBA Pretoria was under cloud cover for the night 5-6 August, but the sky cleared just in time for V4641 Sgr observations on the next night 6-7 August.

The preliminary light curve looks promising.. I'll send the data soon..

Berto Monard
Bronberg Observatory / CBA Pretoria

>>> Makoto Uemura <uemura@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp> 08/07/03 07:31AM >>>
V4641 Sgr short-term variations

    We performed CCD time-series observation for 4 hours last night
at the Ouda observatory with a 60-cm telescope.
Our B-band observation was done with an exposure time of 2 sec
yielding a time resolution of 4 sec.

    The light curve shows 100-sec time-scale variations
with amplitudes of 0.05-0.10 mag.  A relatively large hump was also
seen around August 6.62 UT (amplitude ~ 0.2mag).
The light curve is similar to that we observed on 2002 May 24,
around the maximum of the last active state.

    There is a sign of further shorter time-scale variations.
More detailed analysis is now ongoing.
We will continue observation at Ouda tonight if we have clear sky.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura

--
believed to be clean.