[vsnet-campaign-v4641sgr 120] Re: V4641 Sgr extremely short and violent flares!

Re: V4641 Sgr extremely short and violent flares!

Dear Colleagues,

>     We have finished analyzing July 7 data by Tanabe-san (Okayama U. Sci.,
> 5s exposure).  [We are also analyzing the data from Torii-san, RIKEN, but
> the analysis is slightly delayed].
>
>     The data are truly amazing!  There is an unmistakable 1 mag short
> flare.  The flare rise and fade was recorded in detail on sequential
> images.  The 1 mag rise took only 30s!  The actual maximum may have been
> even brighter (could have been a brightness spike) as inferred from the
> light curve.  There were also multiple smaller flares (0.3 mag) with
> typical durations less than 1 min.

   I have put a comparison of representative images (in flare and 30s
before the flare) on the VSNET page.

   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/Xray/v4641sgr02.html

   Please visit the page and confirm the reality!

VSNET Collaboration team