[vsnet-campaign-sn2002ap 152] current status on sn2002ap

   Hi everyone,

   I was wondering if the classification of sn2002ap
   as a likely hypernova still holds. Since hypernova
   are around 10 times more energetic than Ia events
   I was wondering whether this is consistent with
   the apparent maximum around 12.4V. Also, shouldn't
   the progenitor be a bright supergiant at > 22mag,
   above which nothing was found in the pre-discovery
   images ? Could it be that the star, just before
   exploding, was just an exposed massive core (like
   that of a Wolf-Rayet), radiating mostly in UV or higher
   wavelengths ?

   Sorry for the lenght of this message.

   Best,

   Luis Lopes

"Hell is the impossibility of reason" -- Dante
Luis M. B. Lopes
Departamento de Ciencia de Computadores
Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade do Porto (FCUP),
Rua do Campo Alegre, 823, 4150 Porto, PORTUGAL
Tel: 351-22 607 8830, Ext: 108, Fax: 351-22 600 3654,
Internet: lblopes@ncc.up.pt