[vsnet-campaign-nova 972] Possible Nova in M31

Hello Doug,
             I checked location of this new variable in the first in GCVS vol. V
  (extragalactic variables).
  No object close to this position.
  So, yesterday I agree with A. Filippenko - he will take a spectrum on 3-m Shane
  telescope (he have time on this telescope after Sept. 12). My first observation
  from 2001-08-16.958 UT is very dificult - on image is hint of this object on
  the limit of the image. So, it can be flaw. Observations from this summer are
  much much better - I collected long exposures for better limiting magnitude.
  Doug, can you send this message to VSNET? Many thanks,
                                                          Kamil Hornoch