[vsnet-campaign-nova 129] Re: (fwd) Nova? Pup 00

Re: (fwd) Nova? Pup 00

Dear Berto,

> Could it possibly be related to Wakuda's object (V4368 Sgr)?
> That object showed up suddenly at 10.3 magnitude. After several years it
> is still at 10.5, a truely boring flat-liner...

   Yes, the object has been always on my mind.  The object has been classified
as a possible "very slow nova" (NC:), but the exact nature is still unclear.
The big difference is that V4368 Sgr had an invisible progenitor (fainter
than 21 mag).  Probably we know too little about the diversity of slow
novae.

PS. Speaking of extremely slow novae, theory predicts a very slow evolution
    for helium novae -- no one yet observed.