[vsnet-campaign-nova 86] Re: nova in M31 ? (from Ewalt)

Re: nova in M31 ? (from Ewalt)

In reference to the request from Giovanni Sostero (Remanzacco
Observatory) for any recent images for the central region of M-31,
please be advised that I imaged this area on 09/05/2000 and again on
10/24/2000.  I was not specifically looking for NOVAs, but building a
multi-frame mosiac.  (this came out great - but is another subject).  In
any case, I cannot find any evidence of an object at 00h42m 57.2s
+41d07'18" in the image taken 09/05/2000 but there is a "possible"
stellar object dimmer than magnitude 18 at this position in the
10/24/2000 image.   20

I have attached both images in raw "SBIG ST9 Format", since these are
smaller files than FIT format.  SBIG files may be read with MAXIM-DL and
other common amateur astro processing software.

Please forward the images to to the requesting party, since I do not
have the E-mail address for Remanzacco Observatory.

Best Regards;

Fred EWALT