[vsnet-campaign-dn 3384] GZ Cnc: January 30 Kyoto observation

GZ Cnc: January 30 Kyoto observation

Dear Colleagues,

   We have finished analyzing the January 30 Kyoto observation.  Later on
January 30, there appeared what strongly looked like superhumps (triangular
profile, amplitude, period longer than the orbital one).  However, the
humps (superhumps?) do not seem to be as periodic as in usual SU UMa-type
dwarf novae.  In conjunction with Nyrola team's and Greg Bolt's observation,
there may be "genuine superhumps", but some hump maxima fail to occur,
or even the nature of the humps is rapidly changing..?  What a queer
phenomenon!  We probably need more data and further analysis before to
reveal this strange object.  Further observations are absolutely encouraged!

VSNET Collaboration team