[vsnet-alert 7465] Re: [vsnet-gcvs 254] AB Nor: further growth of superhumps!

Stan Walker wrote:

> Hi Taichi,
>
> I sent you some data on AB Normae at your request in 2000. This clearly
> showed superhumps with a similar period to that detected this year. Did you
> ever do anything with these?

   Your AB Nor finding in 2000 was already sent out as vsnet-alert 4589,
4590 and vsnet-gcvs 34.  People would have been fairly confident about
the SU UMa-type nature of this object, but we apparently needed further
confirmation and period determination.  Also, in order to make things
more clearly, the "data" you sent were a figure plot, not individual
measurements.  A proper assessment of the "data" should naturally be
done on original measurements rather than a figure plot.  We have been
always requiring original measurements to be duly incorporated into
a final scienetific analysis.

VSNET Collaboration team