[vsnet-alert 6897] Re: (fwd) Possible SN in NGC 2985

Dear all,

Brian wrote:
>     There is a mag. 13 star 60" nearly due east of the center of the
>galaxy.  As long as this star is included in the sketch along with
>another one as bright or brighter, then there could be a supernova there.

  I have compared the sketch with DSS1:  Though I have not gotten the
complete convince of the identification, but assuming that the FOV is
about 20', the sketch has right direction (not mirrored), and the
"arrow" in the sketch points east (but slightly south), the "blob" is
actually the mag 13 star that Brian noted.

  On DSS R images, this "mag 13" star appears as bright as GSC
4386-505, whose GSCmag is 12.0.

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp