[vsnet-alert 6856] SNe spectrum from IAUC 7748

Dear SN watchers,

  IAUC 7748 informed the spectroscopic observations of two recent SNe.

SN 2001fh:

I wrote (vsnet-campaign-sn 272):
># PGC 66592, the host galaxy of SN 2001fh, is a spiral (Sb) galaxy
># enbedded on the Galactic plane (b = -3o.8).  There are many
># foreground stars, so please care in identification.  The expected
># maximum of SN Ia on the distance of this galaxy is mag about 15.2,
># but there is a large obsecuration by the interstellar medium in our
># Galaxy (A_V is estimated as 2.5 in NED = Schlegel et al. 1998, but
># it can be somewhat overestimate).   H. Yamaoka

  The Asiago team and the CfA team has taken the spectrum of SN 2001fh
around Nov. 7.0. It is revealed that it is of type Ia slightly (a day
or so) before maximum.  It is large reddened by both Galactic and the
host's interstellar medium.

SN 2001fu:

I wrote (vsnet-campaign-sn 273):
>  A bright (mag 15) SN 2001fu was discovered by the KAIT.
>  The recession velocity of the host galaxy is unknown, but the
>magnitude of SN at discovery indicates that it is neighbouring object.

  The CfA team also observed SN 2001fu and revealed that it is of type
Ia a few weeks past maximum.  They measured the recession velocity of
the host galaxy (MCG -03-23-11) as 1730 +/- 30 km/s.  The expected
maximum for typical unreddened SN Ia in this galaxy is mag about 13.5,
which occured probably on some date in 2001 September or October.  If
you exposed this galaxy at that time (dawn), please check whether this
SN is visible or not.

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp