[vsnet-alert 6855] 1RXS J232953.9+062814: positive Pdot system

1RXS J232953.9+062814: positive Pdot system

Dear Colleagues,

   Based on 17 superhump maxima timings reported up to now, we have
detected (2 sigma) a period increase of superhumps.  The mean period
derivative is dot{P}/P = 6x10^(-5).  Although this is smaller than that
observed in V485 Cen, we have confirmed that this second V485 Cen-type
object also shows an increase of the superhump period, in contrast to
most of long-period SU UMa-type dwarf novae (see also Kato (2002) PASJ
in press, for a table and figure of SU UMa-type Pdot).

   Further analysis using newly analyzed observations is in progress.

on behalf of the VSNET Collaboration team