[vsnet-alert 6262] WZ Sge: nature of the dip

WZ Sge: nature of the dip

Dear Colleagues,

>    A quick-look at the light curve shows deep dips just following the
> superhump maxima.  The feature started to appear on Aug. 10, and looks
> strongest during the Kyoto Aug. 11 run.  The feature seem to have become
> weaker in later runs (Masi and Jensen).

    We have confirmed that the "dips" exactly corresponds to eclipses.
WZ Sge is now confirmed to be an "eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova,
which shows eclipses even during superoutburst" !!

    It looks like that the precessed disk was most favorably situated
for eclipses at the time of Kyoto observation.  We will be able to learn
much about the nature of superhumps and spot(s) of WZ Sge (still poorly
known in this system) from the analysis of eclipses!   Please don't
miss the predicted times of eclipses!

VSNET Collaboration team